Minister for Jobs, Innovation and Trade Martin Pakula today announced membership of the taskforce, which will work to support the rollout of the Labor Government’s new innovation agenda as it drives economic growth and creates the jobs of the future.
The taskforce includes experts from across the Victorian innovation community, including:
- Judy Anderson – chief executive, Startup Victoria
- Kerri Lee Sinclair – chief investment officer (technology and innovation), Kin Group
- Lusia Guthrie – chair, BioMelbourne Network
- Gavin Smith – president, Robert Bosch (Australia)
- Rachel Yang – investment manager Giant Leap Fund, Impact Investment Group
- Jefferson Harcourt – founder and director, Grey Innovation Group
- Rick Wingfield – global chief technology officer, Catapult Group International
- Amy Foo – managing director Australia/NZ, Zendesk
- Kee Wong – founder and managing director, eCentric Innovations
- Jessica Box – marketing director, Finch and managing director, Girls in Tech (Australia)
- Didier Elzinga – founder and chief executive, Culture Amp
- Dr Andrea Douglas – senior vice-president organisational transformation and external affairs, CSL Limited
- Dr Ben Spincer – executive director (research, commercial and innovation), Deakin University (Geelong).
The group will collaborate with the Government on programs to develop local tech talent, support local entrepreneurs and startups to scale, advance priority and emerging industry sectors, and promote Victorian innovation to the world.
Victoria is known as a leading destination for tech and innovation with Melbourne one of the top five fastest-growing startup ecosystems in the world and last year acknowledged as Australia’s most innovative city.
Quotes attributable to Minister for Jobs, Innovation and Trade Martin Pakula
“Victoria is the home of innovation in Australia with a thriving start-up ecosystem, established business precincts and globally recognised capability in sectors ranging from medtech and pharma to advanced manufacturing and sport.”
“This taskforce of industry leaders will strengthen our innovation ecosystem, provide guidance on how to create new and better jobs, strengthen our economy and build strong international connections.”
Click here to read the media release online.