What we do
BioMelbourne Network’s mission is to foster the development of an advanced, innovation driven and sustainable health industry. As a for-purpose, industry led membership association, we encompass biotechnology, medical technology, pharmaceuticals and health innovation companies in the state of Victoria.
We connect business, research, finance, health and government to support and promote the sector’s growth and facilitate the development and commercialisation of new drugs, devices, diagnostics and digital health technologies in Victoria. Since 2001, we have championed an environment that enables Victorian organisations to innovate, commercialise and improve the future of healthcare both locally and internationally.
We do this by:
- Aligning with Victorian and Federal Governments, supporting key sector priorities and promotion of relevant programs and initiatives
- Providing Victorian and Federal Governments with feedback and advice to support optimisation of policy, tax and regulatory settings
- Delivering a high-calibre event program that provides access to members, key stakeholders and decision makers, local and international industry intelligence and networking opportunities
- Collaborating with industry associations and other peak bodies to advocate for the sector, promote engagement and foster links to networks across the world
- Promoting Victoria as a unique health industry ecosystem and engaging with local, national and international sector leaders
- Growing and supporting the start-up and scaleup ecosystem, and delivering programs to develop local talent and provide pathways to upskill and generate business acumen
- Offering facilitated introductions for members to drive collaboration and partnerships
- Providing access to international industry leaders and sector representatives
- Supporting the development of sector advanced manufacturing capabilities in Victoria
- Listening to our members to identify and prioritise projects and initiatives to support industry transformation and growth