About BioMelbourne Network
BioMelbourne Network is a not-for-profit membership association for organisations engaged in biotechnology, medical technology, pharmaceuticals and health innovation in the State of Victoria.
Playing a critical role in connecting clinicians, researchers, finance and industry, BioMelbourne Network supports and promotes the growth of the sector’s infrastructure and facilitates the development and commercialisation of new drugs, devices, diagnostics and digital health technologies here in Melbourne.
How we work
Since 2001, the Network has championed an environment that enables Melbourne’s biotechnology sector to innovate, succeed and influence the evolution of healthcare locally and globally by:
- Working with the government to optimise policy, tax and regulatory settings
- Running over 40 events of varying sizes per year that offer access to key stakeholders, local and international intelligence and networking opportunities
- Promoting state and federal programs and initiatives
- Working with the Victorian State Government to lead and co-ordinate international trade missions
- Collaborating with other relevant industry associations to promote cross-sector engagement and global connectivity
- Inviting international industry representatives to Victoria, hosting their stay and facilitating introductions with our member organisations
- Promoting Victoria as a “unique biotech destination” to international press and engaging with local, national and international press on behalf of the sector
- Representing the sector at key local, national and international events
- Supporting smaller businesses to grow their operations in Victoria by providing advice and relevant introductions.