Member Contact: Katarina Klaric
Industry: Industry Support Services
Stephens Lawyers & Consultants is a specialist boutique commercial legal and business advisory practice with an intellectual property and technology focus and understanding of the complex issues associated with big data, privacy and cyber security.
Stephens Lawyers are committed to understanding their client’s needs from a practical, commercial as well as legal perspective and delivering strategic and cost effective advice to achieve their client’s commercial objectives. Every client has direct access to a principal of the firm, who understand the complexities of operating in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical sector.
Stephens Lawyers works with emerging and established biotech and pharmaceutical companies and research institutes to:
• Develop and implement strategies to protect their technology/innovation through patent, confidential information/trade secret, copyright, trade mark and contractual protection
• Minimise the risk of infringement of third party patents or infringement of other intellectual property
• Continue to manage intellectual property through the development and implementation of intellectual property management programs
• Provide advice in respect of the regulatory process for obtaining approval by the Therapeutic Goods Administration
• Commercialise their innovation in Australian and international markets through:
- Partnering/joint ventures/collaborative research
- Private equity funding
- Establishment of spin-off companies
- Public listing
- Licensing/technology transfer/marketing and distribution agreements
• Implement privacy and data security measures in compliance with Australian Privacy Laws and the EU GDPR
Stephens Lawyers also conducts litigation in the areas of patent infringement, patent invalidity, trade marks, copyright and design infringement, unauthorised use/disclosure of confidential information/trade secrets and disputes relating to ownership of intellectual property.