An augmented reality festival, sustainable tech pitch night and a showcase of new filmmaking technologies are among more than 20 business events to share in $200,000 to encourage knowledge-sharing and share ideas for the future.
Council’s 2023 Business Event Sponsorship Program has an increased focus on innovation in life sciences, finance, including fintech and funds management, information and communications technology, energy and environment.
The line-up of exciting events will entice tens of thousands of workers, students and business owners to the city, while promoting opportunities for learning and engagement with the knowledge and innovation sectors to future-proof the city.
24 events will receive funding through the program, including:
- AI Festival: AI for Business and Social by Deakin University – showcasing state of the art artificial intelligence applications across industries such as health, banking and start-ups.
- Sustainable Tech Pitch Night @ Melbourne Connect by Silicon Beach Australia – a series of pitch nights for Melbourne’s most promising and early-stage startups.
- Australian XR Festival by CloudBNE – a festival at Federation Square bringing virtual and augmented reality industries together for industry-led discussion panels and networking.
- Enlit Australia by Talk2 Media and Events International – an event sharing expert knowledge and innovation solutions from industry leaders transitioning towards a low carbon energy supply.
- AIDC Innovation Day by International Documentary Conference – a showcase at ACMI dedicated to non-traditional documentary storytelling, supporting emerging media and showcasing new technologies for producing and distributing visual content.
- Connecting Women Lunch by BioMelbourne Network – giving women in the Victorian biotech, medtech, scientific research and development and pharmaceutical industries an opportunity to connect, encouraging talent development.
- The Finnies Awards 2023 by FinTech Australia – celebrating the success of the Australian fintech industry by recognising significant achievements.
The successful events will take place from late November until June 2023.