Shining a light on women in the health industry
The BioMelbourne Network Women in Leadership awards acknowledge and celebrate leadership and commitment to driving change and impact in the Health Industry,
There are three awards, each recognising leadership at a different career stage to acknowledge that leadership happens at all levels in an organisation. Broadly the three categories celebrate:
- senior executive leaders with a career history of contributions over 10-15+ years (Women in Leadership Award: Impact for Industry)
- project, partnership, or collaborative initiative leaders (Most Valuable Women in Leadership Award: Making it happen)
- rising stars, who’ve taken on a new leadership role in the last 2-3 years (Emerging Women in Leadership Award: A mover and shaker).
- Monday 18 November 2019 – Nominations open
- TBC 2020 – Nominations close
- TBC 2020 – Awards presentation
Nominations for the 2020 awards will open 18 November.
- Nominations are only accepted via the online nomination forms.
- Each nominator may submit a maximum of two nominations per category per year. One nomination per form submission.
- Applications must include a 2-page CV of the nominee and a statement from the nominator/nominee addressing the selection criteria (max 250 words per criteria).
- Winners will be selected by the Women in Leadership Awards judging panel, appointed by BioMelbourne Network.
- All nominations will be acknowledged via email. Winners will be notified no later than 22 February 2020 and embargoed until the announcement of the awardees at the award ceremony.
Read our FAQs for more information about eligibility and nominations.
2019 awards ceremony
Our 2019 Women in Leadership Awards ceremony was held on 9 April 2019 at Government House, where The Honorable Linda Dessau AC, Governor of Victoria, presented awards to:
- Dr Anna Lavelle –2019 Women in Leadership Award
- Associate Professor Clara Gaff – 2019 Most Valuable Women in Leadership Award
- Dr Evelyn Chan – 2019 Emerging Women in Leadership Awards.
Read more about our award recipients on the Women in Leadership Awards Honour Roll.
<< Back to Women in Leadership Awards page