Date Posted – 30 April 2021
World leading tech · Algorithm development · MS Data
Our client has developed a powerful Mass Spectrometry (MS) software platform that seamlessly connects multi-disciplinary life scientists to answer biological questions. Typically taking days, weeks or months, they can produce results within minutes or hours. With this lightning speed, they are supporting their customers in the acceleration of medical discoveries and drug development.
Due to growth, they are seeking a new Signal Processing Engineer /Designer who thrives when at the intersection of maths, algorithm development, signal processing, bioinformatics and software engineering. You will have undeniable #massgeek potential and have the drive to create impact in an early-stage SciTech start-up. You will contribute to their vision by:
- Create new tools to extract and process the information embedded in signals to allow the digging into mass spectrometry data.
- Identifying potential new or existing solutions to adapt and integrate them.
- Coming up with clever ways to make our customer’s lives easier while swimming in scientific data.
- Work in step with the product development team to enrich our services with useful and intelligent insights and interactions.
- Pragmatically applying your love of math, software & digital signal engineering and working in small multi-disciplinary teams to solve problems.
- Being open, curious and adventurous when it comes to overcoming challenges to make sense of data.
- Participating in team stand-ups, all-hands, retros, showcases, priority sessions. Always with the aim to share information, prioritise workloads, learn about something new and just celebrate … anything!
- Experience with statistics, signal processing, digital sp, bioinformatics or related fields.
- A background in one or many cross-domain functionalities in fields that could include image processing, speech processing, pattern recognition, chip designing, radio frequency designs, biomedical signal processing, space and military applications including satellite and mobile communications.
- Languages such as R, Python and bash.
- Comfortable learning new APIs and tools as needed.
- Signal processing, algorithm development and data analysis.
- Mass Spectrometry and expertise in Proteomics / -omics an advantage.
- Applications in machine or deep learning.
- Structured and analytical thought process; experience translating data into actions.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and be self-directed to achieve results.
- Able to exercise good judgement, solve problems, show initiative and be proactive.
As a valued member of this team, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your talent and support to shape this innovative and exciting company. You must reside in and hold full working rights in Australia. To join our client in this exciting opportunity please email your cover letter & CV to email@example.com. Confidential enquiries to Marilyn Jones on 1300 0 MEXEC