Posted: 12 May 2023
Our client is a leading supplier of high technology solutions to the Australasian life sciences market. Their portfolio is representative of some of the best manufacturers & suppliers in the business across the disciplines of genomics, protein science, cell biology and automation. As an established name in the industry, our client’s mission is to understand the changing needs of their customers so that they can identify and provide researchers with the most innovative and cost-effective solutions available to the market.
Our client is seeking to build their team with a new Service Manager and an additional Field Service Engineer.
• Your exceptional knowledge of field service engineering will be drawn from a number of years visiting and/or working for laboratories in Victoria and across Australia and New Zealand.
• Outstanding knowledge of computers and an in-depth knowledge of multiple software packages associated with technical scientific instrumentation.
• Your credibility will be based on technical expertise and the trust and respect of your capabilities to offer the best solutions to your clients.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills will be derived from speaking with the most senior of management to the most junior of customers.
• Working together with your fellow team members in accounts management and field applications, you will ensure that customer satisfaction exceeds customer expectations.
• As the new Service Manager you will bring exceptional people management skills and ability to work together to ensure a progressive and dynamic team environment.
• Tertiary qualifications preferred e.g., BS Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent TAFE qualification.
• Proven record (3-5 years) in “at the bench” service expertise in the Biomedical/Biotechnology/Diagnostics/ Medical industries
• Service Manager will require at least 3 years management experience of a small team of FSEs.
• High level of computer literacy and IT knowledge essential
• Familiarity with optical system (laser and/or fluorescence based), robotics, electrical/electronic and mechanical systems.
• Interstate and New Zealand travel to support colleagues when required.
• International travel for training will ensure you have the most up to date professional knowledge.
• Attention to detail and ensuring CRM database is updated regularly.
• Experience in performance validation, IQOQPQ desirable
• Excellent customer service skills, enthusiastic attitude and solid work ethic
• Strong oral and written communication with an exceptional level of self-motivation and time management.
Our client offers an exceptionally supportive work environment that includes laptop, smartphone and training. They expect, and provide, excellent professional standards and work ethics. Successful candidates will attract a competitive salary package including motor vehicle allowance. You will enjoy autonomy and a very flexible environment. As a valued member of this team, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your talent and shape this recognised business.
If you are interested in joining our client in this exciting new challenge, please email your cover letter & CV to email@example.com.
Confidential enquiries to Marilyn Jones or Dr Mark Thomas on 1300 0 MEXEC.