Posted 17 November 2021
Our client is a global company whose goal is to apply innovative technologies and revolutionary assays to the analysis of genetic variation and function, making studies possible that were not even imaginable just a few years ago. Their solutions for DNA, RNA, and protein analysis serve as tools for disease research, drug development, and the development of molecular tests in the clinic.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Sales for APAC & Japan, you will lead and provide strategic direction to a team of Applied Specialists within the APJ region. Working with the specialist team and sales management you will drive sales execution and velocity to meet targets.
- Subject matter expert for Applied applications and voice of customer to regional management, global product management, marketing, and market development
- Broad knowledge of the market environment including current and possible future market trends, practices and information affecting the business; industry trends; competition and competitive environment; marketplace strategies and tactics
- Work with district sales teams to impart deep domain knowledge, including discussion of relevant publications and supporting literature with key customers.
- Recognised by the community as a market expert and a valuable addition to discussions & conference programs
- In collaboration with district sales and marketing teams, develop and execute strategic plans for winning new business, expanding market share, and building upon existing programs
- Identify and interact with key customer types such as testing labs, applied researchers and commercial partners to develop new sales opportunities & facilitate the introduction of products into new customers
- Provide recommendations to sales management on ways to approach the district market with new assays and technologies or ways for customers to develop solutions within target customer base.
- Regularly communicate updates to management of in-district sales performance, forecast updates, trends and any issues related to their specific product line performance, competitor activities and trends.
- Facilitate and drive the development of localized sales tools and appropriate training for the sales teams
- Providing strategic and competitive feedback to field marketing
- Assess regional markets to determine viability of Applied initiatives in APJ
- Responsible for the recruitment, development, retention, and management of the Applied team including:
- Feedback on employees’ performance, conducting performance appraisals, goal development and individual development plans.
- Motivating, inspiring, and providing strategic direction
- Coaching and on-going sales and segment training
- Hiring and retaining top talent
- Delegating, empowering, and developing team members
- Ensuring that the team is enabled to remain up to date with key global markets, product knowledge, technical knowledge, and segment specific knowledge
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Extensive knowledge of high throughput sequencing and genotyping in at least one of the Applied Markets (microbiology, infectious disease, agrigenomics)
- Customer facing experience in a Sales-related function
- A network of established customer relationships
- Applied market knowledge
- Demonstrated proactiveness in initiating and accomplishing tasks
- Experience in reporting basic financial data
- Exceptional communication skills
- Proven ability to lead and influence a broad spectrum of constituents (internal stake holders, external shareholders, and key opinion leaders in the field)
- Ability to travel within APJ to carry out primary responsibilities, must be willing to travel up to 40%
- An advanced degree (Master’s or PhD), in applicable field or equivalent.
- Fluency in English
- Typically has 8+ years of direct work experience, with 1-3 years of Management experience.
You will join one of the world’s fastest growing & innovative companies. For this permanent and exciting opportunity please email your cover letter & CV to email@example.com. Confidential enquiries to Marilyn Jones on 1300 0 MEXEC. Based in Australia preferably, or Japan or Korea.