Posted 25 November 2021
The client is a dynamic global biopharmaceutical company, and a world leader in their sector in the development of innovative pharmaceutical and medical products.
Reporting to the CEO, your key remit will be to proactively manage our client’s intellectual property portfolios, patents, and trademarks to maximise commercial outcomes. You will provide technical and strategic advice on all IP matters, including input into commercial and research related agreements.
- Advise on patent strategy
- Manage and direct the prosecution of patent applications, including instructing patent attorneys.
- Propose the selection of appropriate countries for national phase entry for filings.
- Conduct preliminary patent searches using publicly available databases and commission independent patent searches were necessary.
- Review publications and other materials in relation to their impact on proposed or actual patent applications.
- Identify, evaluate, and action opportunities for commercially valuable new patent filings.
- Manage the relationships, budget, and accounts in relation to IP.
- Consider and advise on potential infringement issues and seek independent advice where appropriate.
- Manage trademarks including liaising with trademark attorneys in relation to prosecution of international trademark applications.
- Support internal departments including BD licensing and Development group with IP advice and contract support.
- Provide timely review of IP-related clauses in company agreements (i.e., research, clinical trial, and licensing agreements) and obtain specialist legal advice when necessary.
- Post-graduate IP qualifications essential
- Degree or higher-level qualification in a relevant scientific discipline, preferably chemistry or biochemistry
- At least 3 years’ IP management experience with international filings, preferably gained in a commercial environment
- Strong business acumen and the ability to combine commercial and technical expertise to identify opportunities for IP protection and commercialisation
- Outstanding organisational and problem-solving skills essential, required for management of multiple projects
- Constructive, solution-oriented, flexible and collaborative work style
You will join one of Australia’s most successful Biotechs. For this permanent and exciting opportunity please email your cover letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Confidential enquiries to Marilyn Jones on 1300 0 MEXEC. The right to live and work in Australia is essential.