Date Posted – 3 June 2021
- New role due to growth
- International & national clients
- ELISA development & validation
Our client Crux Biolabs, are the go-to biomedical experts for quality, custom services to facilitate pre-clinical and clinical research and development in Australia. Their expert scientists have years of experience tailoring custom biomarker detection and cell assays for many satisfied academic, biotech, pre-clinical and clinical studies.
Your key focus will be on independently managing project work for clients. This will include laboratory-based work developing and validating ELISA based assays. You may be required to direct the work of others including establishing the scope of work assignments, experiments, and work schedules/deadlines for multiple clients.
- Laboratory work for client projects.
- ELISA assay development and validation with optimisation and troubleshooting. Particularly focussed on experience with unusual and complex matrices.
- Contribute to scientific discussions and collaborations.
- Review literature, report project progress, and maintain and update project databases.
- Draft standard operating procedures (SOPs), test methods and other documents required by the QMS, in compliance with ISO 17025.
- Review customer requirements and ensure they are met
- Document and analyse data and statistical reports, and present results.
- Make suggestions for changes and improvements, and how to implement them.
The Position Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, immunology, protein sciences, cellular/molecular biology, biochemistry, or other related area is required. Master’s degree or PhD is highly preferred. Additional experience may be substituted for degree.
- 4 years of in reagent, product or assay development in an industrial setting is preferred.
- Training and experience with Biosafety Level 2 (BSL-2/PC2) techniques is highly preferred.
- Experience in an ISO/NATA accredited regulatory environment an advantage.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
To join our client in this exciting opportunity please email your cover letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Confidential enquiries to Marilyn Jones on 1300 0 MEXEC