Posted: 15 October 2021
The client’s vision is to be an international leader in clinical trials, playing a pivotal role in developing new therapies and the advancement of patient care. Their mission is to be the clinical partner of choice, for its members, industry, research organisations and patients, to provide excellence in clinical trials thereby contributing to Australia’s developing knowledge and innovation economy.
Working with a small & supportive team, your key remit will be to prepare and negotiate clinical trial budgets and contracts for assigned sites, to ensure cost coverage of testing and other requirements for each trial.
- Prepare itemised budgets that incorporate all the costs for a trial in accordance with the Clinical Trial Protocol
- Facilitate review and approval of budgets and contracts by sites, including the co-ordination of legal reviews
- Discuss and negotiate site approved budgets and contracts with sponsors within timeline targets
- Streamline review timelines for study budgets and contracts
- Continuously track status of budgets and contracts under assignment
- Maintain, update, and appropriately file all budget documentation
- Work with Team Leader – Budgets and Contracts to develop training material/resources to support the delivery of contracts services to nominated sites
- Contribute to the assessment and development of newly recruited Budget and Contracts Specialists
The Position Requirements
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience and / or equivalent competencies in hospital or pharmaceutical industry/clinical research administration role
- Experience in budget and contract negotiations within a clinical trial environment
- Ability to understand medical procedural terminology
- Good collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Highly developed organisational and time management skills
- Ability to look for and champion more efficient and effective methods/processes
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook); and
- An aptitude for learning new IT software, especially databases
- Demonstrable experience in providing tailored on-the-job training and mentoring to other staff
Please email your cover letter & CV to email@example.com.
Confidential enquiries to Marilyn Jones on 1300 0 MEXEC.