Posted on 6 July 2021
At Leica Biosystems our promise is to enable clinicians to efficiently provide patients a highly confident diagnosis within 24 hours of biopsy. We offer the most comprehensive portfolio that spans the entire cancer diagnosis workflow from biopsy to diagnosis. Our experts are committed to delivering Improved Quality, Integrated Solutions, and Optimized Efficiencies leading to breakthrough advances in diagnostic confidence and turnaround time.
Will be responsible for a Science competency at Leica Biosystems ensuring high quality medical device products are developed and maintained in accordance with the applicable quality system requirements.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- In concert with other Science Managers, define the methods and approaches to be adopted by the science teams in supporting the development and/or maintenance of medical device instrumentation and reagents for LBS products.
- Recruitment of skilled scientific associates in line with program and business needs.
- Allocation of suitably qualified and trained science associates to programs of work in line with business priorities
- Establish and continuously improve science processes and procedures to satisfy applicable regulatory requirements.
- Strategically plan the professional development of science associates in line with business needs and applicable technology trends.
- Contribute to budget setting, tracking and forecasting for the science cost centre.
- Management and renewal of software tool licenses where required.
- Establish and maintain a high standard of professionalism and cleanliness in the science team areas (does not include labs).
- Provide support to the rest of the business in response to requests for assistance in matters relating to science issues.
- Approval of Verification and Validation Plans supporting chemistry testing of medical device instrumentation.
- Provide so far as is reasonably practicable a healthy and safe workplace for employees, contractors and visitors
- Periodically review work area to assess EHS aspects and adherence to procedures and exercise control over assigned areas
- Maintain 5S in own departments
- Support implementation of EHS policies and procedures
- Encourage and promote safe work practices for all employees
- Ensure safety performance is included in staff reviews
Prior experience in the following criteria would be required:
- Graduate or post-graduate qualifications in a science related discipline preferably with expertise in Immunohistochemistry.
- Minimum 10 years experience in science disciplines with minimum of 2+ years experience in team leadership or project management.
- A thorough understanding of GLP
- Demonstrated leadership skills with an ability to motivate and inspire people to meet their potential.
- Enthusiasm for working with internal and external stakeholders and ability to resolve issues.
- Ability to manage a P&L up to $300K.
- Highly developed documentation and communication skills.
- Management or Project Management qualification or certification e.g. Prince2, PMP, PMBOK.