Posted: 8 November
Closing date: 30 November 2021
The candidate should have completed a Bachelor of Science or Biomedical science (preferred) with Honours. Highly desirable if the candidate has majored in Immunology/Molecular biology/Cell biology.
TBD depending on qualifications and experience, range $78,000 – $102,000.
- Assist manager with all the routine activities related to Translation Team projects
- Assist members of the Translation Team subject to the priorities and workload
- Assist and manage all the housekeeping activities within the Translation Team.
- Assist with all the laboratory activities relevant to Translation Team protects using relevant techniques such as animal studies, mammalian tissue culture, flow cytometry and western blot
- Maintains accurate, complete, legible and concurrent records of work performed and enters results in the electronic laboratory notebook (ELN)
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to follow instructions, schedules and meet deadlines
- Reviews test data/results for reporting and documentation accuracy
- Communicate results to Translation Team group and wider groups within Cartherics
- Manage all the housekeeping activities within the Translation Team group for smooth operation
- Manage Database related to Translation Team group
- Other duties as assigned by the manager and/or other Sr. Scientists within the Translation Team.
- Background in immunology and molecular biology or willingness to learn and develop skills in this area
- 5+ experience as a research assistant in either academia or industry (preferred) settings
- Extensive experience in animal handling and studies
- Established skills and experience in mammalian tissue culture.
- Experience in molecular techniques eg DNA cloning, DNA/RNA extraction, DNA sequencing
- Experience in biochemical techniques eg Western blot, Flow cytometry and ELISA
- Basic knowledge in iPSC/Cell differentiation/CRISPR/Cas9 technology would be advantages.
- Effective oral and written skills as well as good practical knowledge of the laboratory environment
- Computer literate especially with PC software packages eg Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Graphpad, Animal Imaging systems ie Aura Software (highly desirable) and literature management systems (highly desirable)
- Must be able to adapt to rapid change
- Positive and never-die attitude
- Willingness to take initiative and help during crunch times.
Send your resume and a covering letter, introducing yourself and briefly summarising your professional background, to Karen Loudon firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 30 November 2021.
For more information about Cartherics visit www.cartherics.com