Posted on 2 July 2021
At Leica Biosystems our promise is to enable clinicians to efficiently provide patients a highly confident diagnosis within 24 hours of biopsy. We offer the most comprehensive portfolio that spans the entire cancer diagnosis workflow from biopsy to diagnosis. Our experts are committed to delivering Improved Quality, Integrated Solutions, and Optimised Efficiencies leading to breakthrough advances in diagnostic confidence and turnaround time.
Every day we embrace new ways of thinking and work closely together to deliver innovative technologies, to ensure we remain at the forefront of our industry. And we believe that our people around the world play the most important role in helping our customers find success.
This is a new role in the research & development group. The Product Solution Architect will develop and govern architectural, interface and process solutions for a one or more products within the Leica Biosystems Melbourne medical device product portfolio. You will work closely with the Enterprise Solution Architect and Product Managers to define software solutions to integrate a broad suite of Leica Biosystems products to achieve broader interoperability and harmonized workflows for our customers. You will build the bridge between business needs and technology. Additionally you will provide oversight and direction to a team of software architects, guiding and setting example of best architecture practice.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Define pragmatic architectural solutions across multiple bespoke software systems.
- Translate business requirements and roadmaps to a solution architecture, appropriately described by design artefacts; including current state, transition and future state architectures.
- Provide architectural direction and governance to software architects and development teams.
- Contribute to the development of business and technology roadmaps that support the transition to future state architectures.
- Communicate with a broad range of business areas to influence decision making based on clear articulation of technical needs, opportunities and constraints to enhance delivery of product roadmaps.
- Identify points of integration, reusability and other interfaces between technical solutions across the product portfolio. Define critical interfaces between software systems.
- Drive problem solving initiatives using structured analysis to drive to root cause followed by implementation of sustainable countermeasures.
- Engage and lead discussions and workshops with key technical and product stakeholders, building and maintaining key relationships across Leica Biosytems.
- Coach software architects on effective architecture practices.
- Actively support program change, risk and issue management.
- Contribute to product safety and security risk management activities.
- Drive continuous improvement of Leica Biosystems’ architecture processes, methods and tools.
Prior experience in the following criteria would be required:
- Minimum 3 years experience in a solution architecture role defining and leading architectural solutions including establishing reference models, standards, processes and architectural blueprints.
- Minimum 10 years experience in software development, including experience designing software architectures.
- Deep expertise and knowledge of current technology domains, actively maintaining awareness of technology horizon.
- Strong knowledge of software system integration technologies and API patterns.
- Tertiary qualification in software engineering with proven knowledge of contemporary solution architecture, technology frameworks and methodologies (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman, 4+1).
- Extensive experience creating technical documentation via models and technical drawings e.g. UML, Archimate.
- An exceptional communicator with first rate stakeholder management skills enabling you to effectively collaborate, contribute and persuade at all levels and amongst both technical and business stakeholders.
- The ability to convey complex, technical ideas to a non-technical audience
- Confident in leading technical discussions with architects, software developers and other technical stakeholders.
- A proactive, flexible and agile mindset with the ability to balance current and new architecture in the context of challenging business demands.
- A motivated and driven professional with the ability to work independently.
- Experience managing and/or directing an architecture team
- Experience with healthcare integration and clinical workflow initiatives such as IHE, protocols such as HL7 / FHIR and/or DICOM,and engines such as Mirth / NextGen Connect and/or Interfaceware Iguana.
- Experience developing client-server software and systems in a product development environment, with technologies such as .NET, C#, Python, SQL Server, REST, etc.
- Strong understanding of security and privacy by design principles
- Postgraduate qualification or training relating to solution architecture.
- Experience developing systems in a regulated environment e.g. medical device development.