Posted: 27 September
Our client is a leading supplier of high technology solutions to the Australasian life sciences market. Their portfolio is representative of some of the best manufacturers in the business across the disciplines of genomics, protein science, cell biology and automation. Their mission and vision is to strive to understand the changing needs of their customers in order to identify the most innovative and cost effective technologies as they develop and deliver these with exceptional levels of service and support.
Based on over 20 years of success and strong growth, our client is expanding their team in Victoria and NSW. To have the privilege of joining this successful team, you will be an outstanding field service engineer with a demonstrated high level of professional success.
The Ideal Candidate
- Your exceptional knowledge of field service engineering will be drawn from a number of years visiting and/or working for laboratories in Victoria or NSW.
- You will have outstanding knowledge of computers and an in-depth knowledge of multiple software packages associated with technical instrumentation.
- Your credibility will be based on technical expertise and the trust and respect of your capabilities to offer the best solutions to your clients.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills will be derived from speaking with the most senior of management to the most junior of customers.
- Working together with your fellow team members in accounts management and field applications, you will ensure that customer satisfaction exceeds customer expectations.
- Tertiary qualifications preferred e.g., BS Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent TAFE qualification.
- Proven record (3-5 years) in “at the bench” service expertise in the Biomedical/Biotechnology/Diagnostics/ Medical industries
- High level of computer literacy and IT knowledge essential
- Familiarity with optical system (laser and/or fluorescence based), robotics, electrical/electronic and mechanical systems. Mass Spec experience an advantage.
- Interstate and New Zealand travel to support colleagues when & if required
- International travel for training will ensure you have the most up to date professional knowledge
- Attention to detail and ensuring CRM database is updated regularly
- Experience in performance validation, IQOQPQ desirable
- Excellent customer service skills, enthusiastic attitude and solid work ethic
- Strong oral and written communication with an exceptional level of self-motivation and time management.
Our client offers an exceptionally supportive work environment that includes laptop, smartphone and training. They expect, and provide, excellent professional standards and work ethics. Successful candidates will attract a competitive salary package including motor vehicle allowance.
You will enjoy autonomy and a very flexible environment with the ability to work from home in NSW and the office in Victoria. As a valued member of this team, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your talent and shape this recognised business.
If you are interested in joining our client in this exciting new challenge, please email your cover letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Confidential enquiries to Marilyn Jones on 1300 0 MEXEC.
Find out more.