Date posted 20 November 2020
- Leading innovator & ASX-listed biotech company
- Make an impact – newly created hands on role
- Great team, great location
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, proactive, and resourceful communications professional to join the Starpharma team.
Starpharma is an ASX-listed global biopharmaceutical company and a world leader in the development of new pharmaceutical and medical products based on a proprietary polymer called dendrimers, with programs for COVID-19, DEP® drug delivery and VivaGel®. The very nature of Starpharma’s products affords the opportunity of changing lives for the better. Through innovative research and development and partnering with leading pharmaceutical companies, Starpharma is creating therapies which have the potential to profoundly improve patient health worldwide.
At Starpharma, you will work closely with other talented and committed professionals with a common focus. Located close to vibrant Victoria Street, the Yarra River and the Victoria Gardens shopping precinct, we offer a great working environment, attractive salary package, excellent facilities and the opportunity to build your career in the dynamic biotech industry.
The position will require an individual with excellent communication skills and meticulous attention to detail. Reporting to the Assistant Company Secretary/IR & Communications Manager you will:
- Develop, draft and edit high quality written material including newsletters, presentations, fact sheets and other corporate communications. Source, edit and collate content from various sources for documents such as the Half Year & Annual Reports and ESG Report.
- Manage, write, design and upload effective online content for Starpharma’s website, intranet and social media and digital platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube) as required.
- Manage media monitoring across all platforms, including ongoing analysis of digital engagement metrics.
- Liaise with, and assist external Media/PR consultant with the development and implementation of PR and communications strategies and campaigns to promote Starpharma and its products, programs and events.
- Contribute to other teams with suitable and effective content and communication work, both external and internal as and when required.
- Keep abreast of current trends and proactively scan for emerging trends in communications, including new technologies to deliver more impactful communications.
- Maintain awareness of and compliance with all corporate and Occupational Health and Safety policies and legislation.
- Help to identify, analyse and manage risks associated with areas of responsibility and expertise.
We recruit for technical excellence and a commitment to teamwork, superior performance, innovation, integrity and accountability.
- Highly respected employer
- Central Melbourne office location (Abbotsford) & close to public transport routes
- Small, committed team environment
- Competitive salary
- EAP and wellbeing program
Apply for this job
Applications must explicitly address the following key selection criteria:
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia
- 3+ years’ experience in communications or marketing/related role
- A qualification in Communications, Marketing, Business or related field
- Demonstrated advanced written and communication skills, with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in researching, writing, editing and preparing content for a broad range of materials, including the ability to draft content for a variety of platforms and audiences.
- Ability to work autonomously, achieving required outcomes, but also operate as part of a team.
- Strong understanding and experience in the technical components of digital marketing including website (CMS) and social media management skills.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively to deliver materials on time.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills and experience in dealing with people in a professional manner.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience working in health/science sector.
- Experience with Canva/Adobe Creative Suite products/video editing tools.
Address the key selection criteria above in your cover letter and provide your CV that represent the style and quality of your communications work.
Submit your application via Seek: https://www.seek.com.au/job/50936965?type=standout#searchRequestToken=25dc7df0-9cb4-43a1-ac20-a6ba931513aa
Applications close Mon 30 Nov 2020.