Posted: 30 October 2021
Reports to: CEO
Role Purpose: The primary function of the Associate Director, Operations and Alliances is to support, coordinate and manage all aspects of the Company’s research collaboration projects including project selection and progression, due diligence, agreement negotiation, onboarding and operations.
- Manage all operational aspects of research collaborations and uphold the Oncology One’s values of excellence, innovation and independence.
- Provide co-ordination and project management including budget and project tracking, co-ordinating project committee meetings and liaising with service providers and CROs.
- Advise and keep CEO informed of key project developments, communications with research collaborators and monitor IP development and capture.
- Support CEO in agreement negotiations and amendments.
- Develop and maintain relationships and build links with research collaborators.
- Assist with the preparation of project reports, presentations and R&D tax application.
- Assist with the preparation of grant applications.
- Assist with new project selection and the preparation of investment cases and business cases, including coordinating selection panel meetings, providing commercial intelligence and due diligence.
- Other duties as directed from time to time.
- Experience in managing the operational aspects of scientific collaborations.
- Experience in working with the public and private sectors and building strong relationships built on trust and knowledge sharing.
- Tertiary qualification at a postgraduate level in a related area of science or management.
- Desirable: Doctoral degree in an area relevant to the Company and more than 10 years experience.
- Highly-developed planning and organisational skills, with experience establishing priorities, allocating resources and meeting deadlines in a complex research environment
- Excellent project and budget management skills, with a proven record of successfully managing all aspects of large-scale research projects through to completion
- Highly-developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to negotiate, influence and build consensus
- Highly-developed analytical and conceptual skills including demonstrated ability to quickly assimilate new concepts and information and deliver positive, innovative solutions
- Excellent technical and general writing skills with experience in drafting and editing agreements, research grants, reports and proposals
- Commitment to excellence, innovation and continuous improvement
- High level of customer service and interpersonal skills
- Adaptable and flexible – is comfortable dealing with ambiguity and implementing change
- Intellectually curious – demonstrates a commitment to on-going learning and development
- Balances creativity and imagination and pragmatism
- Values diversity of opinion