Posted: 3 October 2021
Minimum data is due by: 9 February 2022
The Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) – Cardiovascular Health Mission – 2021 Cardiovascular Health Grant Opportunity will support research to improve cardiovascular health and stroke for all Australians.
The objective of this grant opportunity is to provide grants of financial assistance to support Australian medical research and medical innovation projects that:
- Stream 1 (Targeted Call for Research): improve understanding of cardiovascular disease risk, including biological mechanisms
- Stream 2 (Targeted Call for Research): support effective adoption and adherence of preventive health interventions for cardiovascular disease and stroke
- Stream 3 (Targeted Call for Research): accelerates equitable patient access to best care that results in best possible outcomes
- Stream 4 (Incubator): conduct small-scale development projects will establish feasible, evidence-based approaches for identifying and targeting personalised lifelong care approaches, to prevent further stroke or heart events.
- Stream 5 (Incubator): conduct small-scale development projects will establish feasible, evidence-based approaches for developing new treatments for recovery with better understanding of the biology of recovery, leading to improved monitoring and new treatments.
Applications to this grant opportunity must propose research that addresses one of the five Streams of research.
This grant opportunity is being administered by NHMRC on behalf of the Australian Government Department of Health.
Click here for further information