Member Contact: Jan Tennent
Position: Chief Executive Officer
Industry: Government and Not-for-Profit
Representing the heart of Australia’s biomedical research
Victorian researchers have contributed to improving the lives of millions of people and their work is an important driver of economic development in the State.
Biomedical Research Victoria represents organisations that contribute to this internationally recognised research community, providing a collective voice for advocacy and a structure for promoting collaboration and innovation.
Biomedical Research Victoria provides a mechanism for this remarkable research community to work effectively with government to create the policies, infrastructure and supportive environment needed to tackle major scientific problems and compete successfully with the growing life sciences centres in the region.
Adding value to research
Biomedical Research Victoria adds value to its members and the biomedical sector by:
• Working effectively with governments to establish priorities for investment and inform policies
• Advising on research strategy and securing funding opportunities (Scientific Advisory Council)
• Advancing clinical research (Hospital Research Directors Forum & Victorian Clinician Researcher Network)
• Inspiring biomedical career paths for students (Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program)
• Driving networks for shared use of sophisticated research equipment and other infrastructure (Victorian Platform Technologies Network)
• Supporting commercialisation (Business Development Forum)
• Creating a critical mass capable of competing effectively with the growing life sciences centres in the region
Austin LifeSciences, Bionics Institute, Cancer Council Victoria, Cancer Trials Australia, CSIRO Materials Science and Engineering, Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Melbourne Health, Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Neurosciences Victoria Ltd, Orygen Youth Health Research Centre, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, St Vincent’s Health, St Vincent’s Institute of Medical Research, The Florey Institute of Neuroscience & Mental Health, The Royal Children’s Hospital, The Royal Women’s Hospital, The University of Melbourne, Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre, Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research.
A/Prof Jan Tennent
Chief Executive Officer
+61 3 8344 1936