♦ NGS | Genomics
♦ World leading technology
Our client is a leading supplier of high technology solutions to the Australasian life sciences market. Their portfolio is representative of some of the best manufacturers in the business across the disciplines of genomics, protein science, cell biology and automation.
Our client is seeking a highly motivated specialist with both genomics skills to support our customers with an emphasis on long read sequencing and mapping, and single cell genomics. You will employ expertise in DNA sequencing, data analysis and biological insight. Ideally you will have both wet lab molecular biology skills and well-developed bioinformatics skills as applied to genomic technologies. Cell biology and imaging skills would also be beneficial.
You may be a seasoned technical specialist, or a recent graduate with a strong desire to enter the commercial world supporting some of the most advanced life science technologies.
• Communicate with customers both pre- and post-sales; interact with marketing; internal support; and communicate results to diverse audiences.
• Provide training and trouble shooting in the workflow required to achieve best practice in the operation of sequencing instrumentation and genomics technologies.
• Assist customers in experimental design and subsequent experimentation to initiate and validate the use of the sequencing instrumentation in their laboratories.
• Assist in implementing informatics pipelines and solutions for customers.
• Provide timely technical and application assistance in response to customer inquiries.
• Assist sales and support teams in pre-sales functions as well as working with customers to understand and integrate their work flows.
• Work with the customer, technical staff, and with manufacturer’s R&D scientists to analyse data from next generation sequencing experiments.
• Problem-solve to overcome technical challenges.
• Conduct technical and scientific presentations to internal and external audiences.
• Deliver applications training to customers using manufacturer presentation materials and technical documentation.
• A partner to the customer in the understanding and analysis of data derived through use of next-generation high throughput sequencing systems.
• Min. Master’s degree, PhD preferred in in Life Science (Genomics emphasis)
• Demonstrate understanding of molecular genetics and nextgeneration sequencing analysis.
• Experience in Bioinformatics, Statistics, or computer science an advantage.
• Intermediate level of experience in Unix operating systems and IT knowledge will be beneficial.
• Ability and willingness travel regularly within Australia and NZ to support customers and occasionally to Asia and the USA for specialist training
• Strong presentation and communication skills required Strong trouble-shooting abilities.
• Team player who can effectively integrate internal and field-based activities across functions to support customer requirements.
• Customer-minded individual with the empathy to understand customer concerns.
Our client offers an exceptionally supportive work environment and training. They expect, and provide, excellent professional standards and work ethics. Preferably based in Melbourne, there will be a requirement for regular travel within Australia and internationally, sometimes at short notice. Successful candidates will attract a competitive salary package.
As a valued member of this team, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your talent and shape this recognised business.
If you are interested in joining our client in this exciting new challenge, please call Marilyn Jones on 0401 003 553 for a confidential discussion.