Date posted: 26 March 2019
Applications close: 21 April 2019
CSL has an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Senior Manager of Purification to join the Recombinant Bioprocess Development Organization. Reporting to the Director of Cell Culture and Purification Development, you will be utilizing your extensive background in purification to lead a process development team to deliver scalable and robust processes. A demonstrated history of effective problem solving is necessary to rapidly troubleshoot and prevent and/or solve technical challenges.
You will be embedding QbD methodology into the development strategy and providing technical leadership for process characterization activities in support of late stage process performance and qualification.
Essential skills and experience include:
- Bioprocess Engineer/Scientist with at least 10 years’ experience related to development of downstream processes for the manufacturing of recombinant proteins or biologics. A PhD is highly desirable
- Substantial in-depth understanding of purification unit operations including the impact of chromatography resins and process parameters to yield and quality attributes
- Experience in managing and leading teams of 7-10 staff for process definition at the laboratory scale, and with proven ability to scale up downstream unit operations to process 50 L-2000 L upstream processes.
- Leading development of chromatography, UF/DF, and other filtration steps that scale and deliver robust manufacturing process
- Experience in developing effective viral reduction steps in accordance with ICH guidelines
- Technical transfer of downstream processes from development into manufacturing
- Driving implementation of QbD methodology including design of experiment approaches
- Ability to represent purification process development and to interface with other functions in product development such as analytical, purification, formulation, pilot scale, manufacturing, quality, and regulatory groups
- Knowledge of core and emerging technology for purification processes
- Demonstrated technical proficiency, leadership, creativity, and strategic thinking
- Team leadership and people management
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead independently and to demonstrate strong decision making skills
- PhD from a science or chemical/bioprocess engineering field with at least at least 10 years’ experience in process development relating to downstream processing
- The holder of the position has a demonstrated record of scientific achievement and thorough understanding of modern principles of purification
Essential skills, knowledge & attributes:
- Ability to lead, organise and motivate a team.
- Proven ability to understand new concepts and ideas and translate these into experimental protocols. Can explain concepts and ideas to junior staff in the department.
- Industry experience with process development and manufacturing for downstream processes
- Skilled in statistical analysis and the use of statistical programs for the planning and analysis of experiments.
How to apply
Applications must address selection criteria and include a current CV and cover letter. Please apply via the link: Manager, Cell Culture & Purification Development
Closing date: Sunday 21 April 2019
Employment screening, including criminal history, medical assessment, confirmation of experience and stated qualifications, Australian working rights and other relevant checks form part of the candidate suitability evaluation process