LOCATION: Fitzroy, Melbourne
Genetic Technologies Limited (ASX: GTG) is committed to translating recent advances in disease susceptibility genetics to clinically useful commercial assays for patient risk assessment and management activities.
The present opportunity would ideally suit a senior academic scientist looking to transition into the commercial biotechnology space. The role is multifaceted and cross-functional, with the successful candidate providing support to the Scientific Director across a range of business activities.
Plan and conduct R&D for new test development utilizing High-Density SNP Genotyping Arrays; assist with new risk model development; manage external research collaborations; intellectual property management; scientific publication strategy; troubleshooting technical issues for existing tests, provide scientific and technical support to internal stakeholders and reporting directly to the Scientific Director
- Manage and conduct new genetic test development programs as required.
- Assist in the development of new statistical risk models
- Assist in management of the Company’s patent portfolio
- Ensure all genetic test development is conducted in accordance with the requirements of the Quality Management System and documentation created and maintained to meet Australian (NATA) and US regulatory requirements (CLIA).
- Provide technical and scientific support to the laboratory – particularly with respect to technical testing issues, test protocol design and validation, test optimisation and improvements.
- Review medical laboratory analyses and prepare patient reports for medical tests
- Provide support for Scientific Director in his absence, including overseeing patient report writing and review process as well as scientific support for physicians
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Post graduate qualification in molecular biology, cancer genetics or cancer epidemiology is essential
- Exposure to epidemiologic statistics is a bonus (STATA)
- Experience with High-Density SNP Arrays preferred
- Ability to align scientific processes with commercial outcomes.
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Strong planning skills to ensure projects progress in scheduled time frames
- Ability to work as part of a team and be able to work flexible hours to meet the business requirements
To apply for this role please include a cover letter that addresses the skills and knowledge required for the role, along with your curriculum vitae to Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org