We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Advisor, Research Innovation to join our team at Bio21 Institute. In this newly created position, you will support the Director, Research Innovation in driving external innovation by identifying and integrating new technologies, collaborations, projects and assets into CSL’s Global Research portfolio.
As a key member of the team, your responsibilities will include:
- Keep abreast of and maintain awareness of cutting-edge technology and development opportunities in the context of CSL’s Therapeutic Areas to help support CSL’s Research innovation.
- Assist Director, Research Innovation to build new and leverage existing Australian scientific networks to identify new collaboration opportunities for CSL Research in areas of strategic priority and position CSL as a partner of choice in core therapeutic areas.
- Support the Director, Research Innovation with expansion, execution and management of CSL’s early research funding and collaboration initiatives in Australia.
- Work closely with Research group leaders and scientists to build internal relationships and to identify gaps and priorities for new opportunities to help build and strengthen the Research pipeline.
- Support Director, Research Innovation to conduct reviews of novel innovation areas aligned with CSL Research’s strategic interests.
- Support the Research External Innovation team through continual monitoring of competitive and IP landscapes in strategic areas of interest.
- Facilitate and lead Research Due Diligence assessments of new technology opportunities, new partnership opportunities, and new acquisition opportunities.
- Work closely with CSL’s Global Licencing team and participate in deal teams to facilitate agreement execution for innovation opportunities that pass Research Due Diligence.
- Support the Research External Innovation team through implementation and management of partnering databases for recording and monitoring external innovation activities.
- PhD in relevant life sciences discipline, coupled with a minimum of four years’ Postdoctoral experience
- Scientists currently working in CSL’s core therapeutic areas of either immunology and neurology, haematology and thrombosis, transplant, respiratory, or cardiovascular and metabolism will be highly regarded
Essential Skills, Knowledge & Attributes:
- Relevant and demonstrated expertise in academic or industrial environment
- Strategic thinker, with proven track-record of scientific excellence demonstrated by publications, patents, grants, etc
- Existing scientific network locally and internationally
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading projects and managing teams
- Must be able to manage rapid change, have a strong customer service focus and be committed to high quality outcomes.
- Must have excellent and proven people management, communication and presentation skills.
- Computer literate especially with our suite of PC software packages.
CSL Limited is a company that fosters a work culture emphasising Superior Performance, Innovation, Integrity, Collaboration and Customer Focus with a commitment to support, train and grow its people. As a genuine leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, CSL is a multinational ASX Listed Company that is actively growing its Australian based manufacturing operations to support global growth. CSL develops, manufactures and markets products to treat and prevent serious human medical conditions and is globally one of the largest manufacturers of plasma-derived therapies
How to Apply:
Applications must address the selection criteria above and include a current CV and covering letter. Please apply via the following link: Senior Advisor Research Innovation
Applications close Sunday 13 January 2019
Employment screening, including criminal history, medical assessment, confirmation of experience and stated qualifications, Australian working rights and other relevant checks form part of the candidate suitability.