8 August 2019
(Applications close – 1 September)
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Head of Lab Operations to join our Research team at Bio21 Institute, located in the heart of Melbourne’s Biomed Precinct. Reporting to the Vice President Research Bio 21, the incumbent in this position will ensure that the operating environment within the Institute fully supports the success of the CSL Research Group activities.
Applying scientific, technical and management skills, the incumbent in this position will be responsible for:
- Strong and effective leadership of the Bio21 Research Operations Group.
- Providing quality scientific and technical input into the analysis of resource requirements for ongoing and future R&D activity within the Bio21 Research
- Managing the regulatory requirements of the Research group in relation to health and safety, hazardous chemicals, regulated substances, gene technology and quarantine activities, and ensuring audit
- Communicating HSE, Laboratory and Regulatory issues/changes to the Research
- Communicating with the Bio21 Management Team and University of Melbourne Property and Campus Services to ensure the successful operation of the Research group in the Bio21/ University of Melbourne environment.
- Managing the procurement and capital processes for the Research Group
- Managing maintenance of infrastructure requirements to meet the short and long-term needs of the Research group
- Ensuring laboratory support activities such as waste collection and disposal, supply of buffers and delivery of consumable items are maintained.
To be successful in this position, you will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- BSc (Hons) or equivalent with a minimum of seven years of experience in relevant industry and / or academic research environments
- Relevant and demonstrated expertise in academic or industrial environment
- Demonstrated management experience
- Knowledge and experience of regulatory guidelines, for example OGTR, DAFF and WHS
- Strong customer focus with commitment to high quality outcomes
- High level of attention to detail and well developed problem solving abilities
- Ability to manage and contribute to multiple concurrent tasks
- Planning and organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritise and observe timelines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
How to Apply:
Applications must address the selection criteria above and include a current CV and covering letter. Please apply via Head of Lab Operations, Bio21
Applications close Sunday September 1, 2019
Employment screening, including criminal history, medical assessment, confirmation of experience and stated qualifications, Australian working rights and other relevant checks form part of the candidate suitability