AGRF is Australia’s largest genomics service provider with the most comprehensive range of genomics platforms and services. AGRF actively seeks to partner and share our knowledge and expertise with Australia’s clinical, agricultural and environmental, research and commercial sectors. With our main laboratory operations in Melbourne and other key laboratories in Brisbane, Adelaide, Sydney and Perth, AGRF provides the gateway to a national network of essential genomic technology, expertise and innovative capability. With established large-scale and quality accredited logistical systems for data production and management our range of services is unique in Australia and recognised internationally through accreditation by NATA to the ISO/IEC 17025: 2005 quality standard, supporting ISO 15189.
Job tasks and responsibilities
This position will lead the strategic direction of our Service Delivery area. It will be responsible for the following key deliverables:
– Play an integral part in shaping the strategic direction for AGRF
– Prepare reports for Board and Executive meetings
– Update the Executive on trends in operations and associated risks
– Develop business plans for the service delivery team and assist direct reports to translate these to achievable goals
– Ensure regular communications with all team leaders and staff within the laboratories to encourage flow of information and awareness of critical issues.
– Ensure all Service delivery staff have regular performance plans in place including learning and development activities aimed to increase capability and growth across the department
– Provide regular trend analyses for monitoring operations, identify and implement changes in services and internal processes.
– Develop internal KPI systems to support optimal service delivery and client TAT.
– Monitor capability and capacity and where necessary implement improvements
– Lead changes to workflow practices across AGRF to meet user/client needs.
– Ensure compliance with established quality controls and development of new standards as required.
– Monitor and address any service weaknesses highlighted by customer feedback and other mechanisms.
Skills and experience
A Masters or PhD level qualification in a molecular-biology rich subject area.
Deep working experience of working in more than one biological subject area.
Experience and skills Required:
Process skills – You must be able to determine the processes necessary to get things done; how to organise people and activities; understand how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flows; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can’t; can simplify complex process; get more out of limited resources.
Quality – You know what to measure and how to measure it; understand the importance of tracking quality in technical outcomes and interpersonal interactions along with experience in NATA ISO/IECE 17025 standards.
Demonstrated skills in managing, developing and analyzing reports, budgets, submissions, associated systems and correspondence and analytical problem solving skills.
Solid commercial experience gained in a small-medium sized organisation, preferably one undergoing change.
Dynamic and inclusiveness interpersonal skills with internal and external stakeholders.
Have a strong client focus with proven senior negotiation experience
Actively support and assist other team members by offering ideas, actively contributing, sharing knowledge and skills to others, uphold AGRF values and contribute to a sense of ‘team’ and a positive team culture across AGRF.
You will bring passion and commitment to the role, with strong organisational and interpersonal skills. If this role is for you please do not hesitate to apply via seek and outline how you would meet the requirements of this role and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 23 May 2017
* Please note all applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
** No agencies please
*** Please note only successful applicants will be contacted