BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – Starpharma
| Listed Australian Biotech Company | Seeking strategic BDM professional to create successful new business opportunities with innovative IP Portfolio |
• Are you hungry for success? Further your career in supporting an Industry Leading R&D Company
• Watch the Company grow through your Business Development Contributions
• Excellent facilities and a positive culture where innovative technology succeeds because of trust, integrity and teamwork
Our client, Starpharma, is a highly respected leading biotechnology company with excellent facilities and a friendly, supportive work environment. They are seeking a passionate Business Development Manager to work with the Executive Management Team and Senior Scientific Staff to identify and develop commercial opportunities.
This permanent full-time role is based in Melbourne and reports to the Vice President, Business Development. Its main purpose is to contribute to the generation of new business opportunities and the creation of shareholder value through licensing or other commercial arrangements that utilise the Company’s strong IP Portfolio.
The successful candidate will take a proactive role in the Company’s growth through creating and developing strategic partnerships with partners internationally.
You will be a strong analytical thinker and presenter, able to distill information and apply your scientific and commercial insights to develop robust value propositions.
In addition to the above, other duties of this role include:
• In conjunction with the Management Team, identify, prioritise and execute new strategic, commercial partnerships.
• Utilise your strong scientific and commercial insights to develop viable and valuable propositions that benefit both parties.
• Create local and overseas leads through initiatives such as strategic outreach campaigns, conference attendance, partner visits and cold calling.
• Manage both existing and new relationships to maximise the commercial outcomes presented by new opportunities as they arise whether they be through partnerships or new technologies.
• Have an active role in the analysis and preparation of business cases to support the strategic development and direction of the Company.
• Remain aware of commercially relevant IP issues, including competitive technologies.
To be successful in your application you will need to meet the following criteria:
• Tertiary qualifications in a Scientific Discipline such as Biological Sciences, Pharmacy with a postgraduate Business degree such as MBA preferred.
• Several years’ experience in a Business Development role, preferably in the Pharmaceutical or Biotech Industries with a hunger for success.
• You must have a high level of written and verbal communication skills, be a good team player and a strategic problem solver. You will be comfortable in dealing with a diverse customer base and be exceptional at making presentations and meeting people face-to-face.
• “Presence!” You will often be the first point of contact with potential customers. The Company has established rapport with all their clients so this is something that they want to maintain and be known for.
• Be resilient with lots of energy and someone who thrives on the challenges and successes of a BD role.
• Excellent time management skills, analytical thinking, being perceptive with the ability to discern information and a good attention to detail are necessary to perform well in this role.
• The vast majority of your potential customer base will be overseas, so you will need to be flexible in the times that you will be dealing with them.
• In this role, it is imperative that you will have the flexibility to undertake overseas travel as needed.
• Key to this role will be your “can do” attitude, excellent work ethic and initiative whilst working both autonomously and as part of a team.
For a strictly confidential discussion regarding this excellent opportunity please call Helen on 03 9516 0100 during office hours and on 0438 620 434 after hours. To apply, please forward your resume to email@example.com together with a Cover Letter in Word Format addressing the full selection criteria.
Thank you for taking the time to apply for these roles. As we receive a large number of applications every day, we can only contact short-listed candidates. If you do not receive a call from our Recruiters, then your details will remain on our database for future suitable roles.